Spring Cleaning 2023 the Kitsap Junk Removal Way
Can you feel the sun’s rays tickling your arms and cheeks? There’s no doubt about it—the winter is moving behind us, and now, spring has arrived. Here in Kitsap County, you’ll find that people are beginning to spend more time outdoors now that the warmer weather has appeared. However, don’t forget about the indoors entirely. After all, when spring rolls around, so does the season for spring cleaning. Yes, it’s time for Spring Cleaning 2023! At Kitsap Junk Removal, we are cleaning professionals, so we’ve compiled a short list of things to remember when spring cleaning day is upon you. Let’s take a look!
Cleaning Up the Kitchen
Let’s kick off our spring cleaning tips in the kitchen. During the winter, the kitchen served as a safe haven from those colder temperatures. It was nice to cozy up near the oven, baking holiday cookies and preparing Christmas meals. However, now that it’s springtime, it’s time to take off the rose-tinted glasses and take a look at your kitchen for how it really is. Chances are, the kitchen could use a little cleaning. Here’s what you can do.
- Clean Out the Fridge/Freezer. If you’re still holding on to holiday leftovers, then it’s probably time to let them go. Clear out whatever you aren’t using in your refrigerator and freezer, then chuck it out in the garbage. Don’t forget to wipe down the counters and surfaces of these appliances.
- Put Away Expensive China. Now that the holidays are over, those porcelain dishes won’t be seeing use for a while. It might be time to put them into storage. That way, you can dedicate your cabinet space to more important items that get used on a regular basis.
- Work On the Stove. Did the Christmas ham leave grizzle and grease all over your oven? It might be time to wipe it up. Additionally, you should scoot your stove forward so you can finally sweep up anything that might have fallen underneath it. That stuff’s not going anywhere otherwise.
Give Those Bathrooms Some Love
It’s time to check out the bathrooms because it’s more than likely that they could use some attention. We encourage you to do the following tasks:
- Scrub the Tub/Shower. You use the bathtub or shower every day, so treat it with some respect. Scrub its surfaces to get rid of those unsightly stains, and consider cleaning the shower liner as well. It’s as simple as removing it from its bar, putting it in your washing machine, and washing it with cold water.
- Clean the Toilet. Yeah, this one doesn’t need to be explained. Use some toilet cleaner and a toilet brush, and you should be able to finish this job in no time. You may also want to use a spray cleaner and paper towel to wipe down the exterior of the toilet. That way, it’s not an eyesore any longer.
- Wipe Down the Sink. Finally, make sure to wipe out the sink bowl, the sink counter, and even the mirror hanging in front of the sink, too. That way, you can wash your hands, brush your teeth, and look at your reflection while smiling instead of frowning!
Don’t Forget the Floors
We walk on floors all day long. Eventually, they get dirty. If you neglected your floors all winter long, now’s your chance to set things right. Bust out a broom and dustpan and sweep them off. Or, use your favorite vacuum cleaner instead. That way, all the larger pieces of dirt will be removed, setting the stage for mopping. A freshly mopped floor is a wonderful thing because you can walk on it and feel how clean it is with your bare feet. We think your guests will appreciate the effort you put toward the floors, too!
During Spring Cleaning 2023, Lose the Junk
Now that spring has arrived, you might find yourself reconsidering the many belongings taking up space in your home. Do you really need to hold on to those old toys and decorations from over a decade ago? Do you actually think you’ll wear that itchy winter coat the next time December rolls around? And what’s to be done about that old Christmas tree? Simply put, when you have junk, it’s not worth sacrificing your space to accommodate it all. So, take this old stuff to a nearby disposal site. That way, it’s no longer in your way.
If you’d rather not be the one to dispose of your junk, then you can always contact a spring cleaning company for assistance. These companies, including Kitsap Junk Removal, will be happy to haul away your junk and toss it out. The spring clean up cost is generally based on the volume of junk the company removes for you. So, the more junk removed, the larger the price tag. Keep that in mind when considering professional services as an option. The time you save by not having to do the work might just make it worth it!